The Peace Sign
February 21, 1958 - The peace sign made its debut on this day. A British graphic designer named Gerald Holtom designed the logo for a nuclear disarmament campaign.
The distinctive symbol was a combination of the letters N (for nuclear) and D (for disarmament) from the semaphore alphabet.
It has since been adopted as the international symbol for peace.